Starfish Studio is a web application to design, test, and validate simulated IOT devices before deploying your application on the network. You can create and experiment with various network configurations, called 'solutions' and simulate device and network activity.
In Starfish Studio, you can:
- Develop a solution without deploying real devices
- Build a virtual solution from a collection of templates or create your own
- Configure the number of simulated devices and their data schemas
- Simulate the data feed
- Create an account to access simulated data through API in your own application
- Mix real devices and simulated devices to test new applications on top of existing infrastructure
Solution: A collection of devices that are deployed in the field for a specific use or application. Solution names are case sensitive.
Device: A Silver Spring AP or Milli, or external devices such as a sensor that gauges changes in environment since it was last recorded.
Observation: Any sensor data about changes in the environment, such as temperature, humidity, or location.
Webhook: A user-defined HTTP callback triggered by an event.
Token: A unique access token that authorizes the user to to call Data Platform APIs. To obtain a token, you must provide the ClientID and Secret key obtained from Silver Spring Networks when you registered with the Developer Portal.
To Get Started
Create an account in Developer Portal
- Sign-up for DevPortal account
- Navigate to the Account Settings tab in theMy Account area and select ClientID/Secret
- Create New ClientID/Secret with the available button
- Store the ClientID/Secret somewhere safe as it can't be retrieved again for security of the generated secret being for you and you alone.
Log into Starfish Studio
Launch Starfish Studio from the Developer Portal
- From the dropdown menus Developer Portal > Data Platform > Starfish Studio.
- In My Account Area on the Data Platform Tab select the Launch Starfish Studio button
- Or launch it from this button:
Launch Starfish Studio